SEE it’s a two-years European project, co-funded with the support of the Civil Protection Financial Instrument and involving as partners different organizations operating in the education sector and public bodies from Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Romania and Spain.
Starting from the firm belief that education has a pivotal role to play in the reaction of the Community to the disasters consequences, SEE aims at training students, staff, civil protection volunteers and professionals about procedures and rules to be respected in case of natural or anthropic disasters and it wants to offer a complete set of educational resources to all the categories involved in the prevention, preparedness, self protection and cultural comprehension of the risks.
To get this result, the actions developed within SEE have the purpose to create a set of web based tools addressed to the educative system and related to the prevention and preparedness with the main objective to offer the educational resources helpful to know how to prevent damages and to intervene in the educative environment, keeping into consideration the physical space but also the psychological dimension and the social relationships that are being involved.
The main result of SEE is the creation of a web community able to share information and experiences on how to protect the school environment in case of disaster and how to prevent damages.
To reach the results described, the following products are being developed jointly by all the SEE Partners:
- A Database of European awareness educational web and e-learning tools addressed to EU schools, teachers, Civil Protection volunteers and professionals
- A Civil Protection Educational Web TV and a pilot series to enhance knowledge about the risks
- A European Civil Protection E-learning Platform
- Awareness campaigns in European schools and among the relevant stakeholders for testing the Civil Protection Educational Web Channel and Platform
- Methodological Guidelines for creating school Modules based on the contents of the Web TV and e-learning platform, covering different civil protection topics (mainly risks awareness, prevention and preparedness measures, self protection).
- E-learning tools usable for students with special needs.